Make yourself heard in the Michigan Legislature through a strong, unified voice. MTA’s advocacy also includes outreach to other agencies, associations, the media and the motoring public. Whether working with other key stakeholders to foster economic growth, discussing the essentiality of Michigan’s trucking industry, or addressing public concerns, MTA leads the way.
Call on Washington
Each fall, MTA members are invited to participate in American Trucking Associations’ Call on Washington. MTA’s delegation, led by MTA’s President, attends pre-set appointments in Washington, D.C. with Michigan senators and state representatives to discuss those issues vital to the state’s trucking industry.
MTA advocates for fundamental trucking legislation such as taxes, labor and tolling while strategically supporting related issues proposed by other associations and agencies
- March 2022 Legislative Report
- ATA data shows industry savings from defeat of OSHA vaccine mandate
- MTA joins American Trucking Association in vaccine mandate appeal to Supreme Court
- MTA joins Michigan Agri-Business Association with letter, press release opposing mandatory vaccinations for truck drivers
- MTA opposes financing infrastructure through tolling existing interstates as part of The Alliance for Toll-Free Interstates
- MTA joins Michigan Chamber of Commerce to end work from home order
- MTA opposition letter to vehicle miles traveled (VMT) tax
MTA Truck PAC
This political action committee is the sole medium through which the Association and the trucking industry can, in a united effort, participate financially in election campaigns. Support of PAC is crucial to the financial well-being of the trucking industry—especially when discussing weight, tax and registration fee legislation.
BECOME AN MTA MEMBER TODAY
Michigan Trucking Association is the recognized collective voice of the Michigan trucking industry. Along with this collective strength, members receive individual support — whether it’s a company with a smaller fleet, large corporate carrier or non-trucking company with commercial motor vehicles.